A Big Announcement!
As many of you may know, Lorena Montalvo has been with us from the beginning in 2013. Working as translator and receptionist, Lorena has steadfastly served as the face of Mercy Clinic for our neighbors.
Starting this July, Lorena assumes the role of Administrative Coordinator, our first full-time employee at the clinic. Lorena will handle all of our day-to-day administrative needs, coordinate volunteers, and continue to schedule appointments with our patients.
We’re Getting Noticed
Bill Schmick with Berkshire Money Management recently highlighted Mercy Clinic in his blog A Few Dollars More. We were featured in a two-part post that highligh non-profits moving past national partisanship and continuing to serve their communities. Take a moment and check it out here (afewdollarsmore.com). Share this link with your friends, and take a moment to leave Mr. Schmick a comment about how grateful we are that he chose to write about us!
Mammogram Day – July 8
On Saturday, July 8, Mercy Clinic will once again partner with Moncrief Cancer Institute to provide mammograms for our neighbors. If you would like to volunteer to help with this event, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
On Satuday, July 15, Mercy Clinic will partner with area providers and educators to host our annual Back to School HealthCheck. In addition to physicals and vaccines, we will be providing school supplies to children when they visit the HealthCheck.
This year, many of our previous community partners will return. If you happen to know anyone working with one of these organizations, please take a moment and tell them how grateful we are for their partnership.
- UNT Pediatric Mobile Unit (vaccinations)
- North Texas Area Community Health Clinic (diabetes screening, blood pressure checks, enrollment in CHIP)
- Fort Worth Police Dept (Child Identification Cards)
- Fort Worth Drowning Prevention Coalition (water and swim safety)
- MHMR Tarrant County (parent education)
- The Parenting Center (parent education)
- TWU School of Nutrition
- Prevent Blindness Texas (vision screening)
- Operation Lifesaver (railroad safety)
- UNT Pharmacy School (safety with medicine)
- North Texas Poison Center (poison safety)
- Kona Ice
This event is a wonderful way to reach out to our community, and we need your help. Please consider volunteering on Saturday, July 15. If you can help, send us an email at email@example.com.